Hospitality Communications Platform Released!
HTNG members have identified the need to shift from a compartmentalized, inefficient and redundant guest and staff communications paradigm to a platform-based approach that operationalizes service levels and delivers the following benefits:
- Guest expectations are exceeded, using their preferred communication medium
- Better staff utilization and effectiveness
- Elimination of redundant systems
- Measure, manage and enforce SLAs
Download the Hospitality Communications Platform here or continue reading for more information.
HTNG's Cloud Communications Workgroup produced a framework for hotels to leverage cloud communication to improve service delivery. This framework presents a new kind of communication architecture called the Hospitality Communications Platform (HCP).
Teamed with a business flow framework optimized for a hotel and each of its departments, this HCP provides a holistic approach to reduce the number of communication devices while expanding communication methods. In doing so, this will further provide transparency and operational efficiency to reduce the friction that exists in serving guests and the operations staff.
In addition, this document:
- Analyzes inherent problems with the current state of hotel communication technology
- Discusses solutions that address those problems
- Presents a framework for selecting the appropriate solution given the resources and needs of a given property or property group
- Provides a guide on how to engage with vendors to solve communication problems according to the option selected to achieve a version of the HCP.
About Hospitality Technology Next Generation (HTNG)
The premier technology solutions association in the hospitality industry, HTNG is a self-funded, nonprofit organization with members from hospitality companies, technology vendors to hospitality, consultants, media and academic experts. HTNG's members participate in focused workgroups to bring to market open solution sets addressing specific business problems. HTNG fosters the selection and adoption of existing open standards and also develops new open standards to meet the needs of the global hospitality industry.
Currently more than 400 corporate and individual members from across this spectrum, including world leading hospitality companies and technology vendors, are active HTNG participants. HTNG's Board of Governors, consisting of 24 top IT leaders from hospitality companies around the world, itself has technology responsibility for over 2.5 million guest rooms and world-leading venues. HTNG publishes workgroup proceedings, drafts and specifications for all HTNG members as soon as they are created, encouraging rapid and broad adoption. HTNG releases specifications into the public domain as soon as they are ratified by the workgroups. For more information, visit www.htng.org.Property TechnologyGuestroom TechnologyGlobal