The Hotel Yearbook launches its 2nd in-depth volume looking at digital marketing trends in the hotel industry
Online promotion and communication is playing an ever-more important role in the way hotels successfully market themselves and secure bookings – although there are many challenges as well. Released exclusively as an e-book, The Hotel Yearbook 2017–Digital Marketing features editorial contributions from 35 opinion leaders around the world on the ways hotel companies will be using digital marketing techniques in 2017 and beyond.
LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND, 15 December 2016 – Wade & Co. SA, the Swiss-based publisher of The Hotel Yearbook, a family of annual compendiums of expert opinion and insights on the future of the hotel industry, announces the launch of The Hotel Yearbook 2017–Digital Marketing, its second Special Edition focused exclusively on the changing online marketing landscape in the world of hospitality.
"The editorial concept of all of the editions within The Hotel Yearbook family is to bring together senior hotel industry executives, recognized experts and thought leaders to write about trends and innovation in the global hotel business," said Woody Wade, founder and co-publisher. "This latest edition offers readers a wide range of expert opinion and practical advice, which is especially valuable in such a fast-changing landscape like digital marketing."
Underscoring its focus on innovative new developments, The Hotel Yearbook 2017–Digital Marketing includes a special section featuring 15 hospitality-related start-ups making creative use of digital technology to provide solutions to a variety of hospitality challenges. Several of these start-ups are mentored by the publication's partner, METRO Accelerator.
Henri Roelings, founder & CEO of Hsyndicate, and co-publisher of The Hotel Yearbook, explains that the publication invited a knowledgeable expert in this sphere to take on the role of Guest Editor-in-Chief: "Our choice for this edition was Peter O'Connor, Director of the MBA program in Hospitality Management at ESSEC Business School in France, the publication partner for this special edition. Thanks to his understanding of the trends and challenges facing the hotel industry, and his network of senior executives, academics and consultants, Peter was the ideal person to play this key role, and he assembled a stellar group of thought leaders to write articles for this edition." A list of authors is attached.
"I have been more than impressed by the quality of what these authors have produced and the insights that they provide on where digital marketing and distribution are going," said Peter O'Connor, Guest Editor. "The ideas and trends discussed can really help hotels make sense out of their current, and future, digital marketing efforts."
The Hotel Yearbook 2017–Digital Marketing is published with the support of two partners, the professional association HSMAI (Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International) and Hsyndicate, a provider of online industry intelligence based in the Netherlands.
Digital marketing has a huge impact on a hotel company's success in the marketplace. That is why The Hotel Yearbook 2017–Digital Marketing is a must read for marketing decision makers throughout the entire industry.
The following authors contributed to Hotel Yearbook 2017-Digital Marketing:
- Suzie Thompson, Red Carnation, View article
- Patrick Bosworth, Duetto, View article
- Marion Roger, Dayuse, View article
- Philip Alford, Bournemouth University, and John Kennedy, Kennedy Andersson AB, View article
- Max Starkov and Margaret Mastrogiacomo, HeBS Digital, View article
- Sophie Perret, HVS, and Peter O'Connor, ESSEC Business School, View article
- Lorraine Sileo, Alice Jong and Douglas Quinby, Phocuswright,, View article
- John Burns, Hospitality Technolgy Consulting, View article
- Alex Gibson, Dublin Institute of Technology, View article
- Rémy Merckx, Carlson Rezidor, View article
- Nathan Midgley, Melt Content Marketing, View article
- Alan Young, Puzzle Partner, View article
- Kenny Lee, Revinate, View article
- Christophe Tayon, Cendyn, View article
- Bob Gilbert, HSMAI, View article
- Daniel Edward Craig, Reknown, View article
- Olaf Koch, Metro AG, View article
- Kelly McGuire, Wyndham, View article
- Andrew Sangster, Hotel Analyst, View article
- Lennert de Jong, citizenM, View article
- Javier Delgado, Google, View article
- Ralf Denke, Deutsche Hospitality, View article
- Cindy Estis Green, Kalibri Works, View article
- Sanjay Chib, Les Roches, View article
- Ravneet Bhandari, LodgIQ, View article
- Paul Mulcahy, Mövenpick Hotels, View article
- Michaela Papenhoff, H2C, View article
- Ruth Walters, Garvey Schubert Barer, View article
- Fernando Vives and Ana Morillo, NH Hoteles, View article
About The Hotel Yearbook
The Hotel Yearbook is a family of publications that call upon a wide-ranging group of senior executives, analysts, consultants and opinion leaders from all over the world to ask, "What lies ahead for the global hotel industry?" In The Hotel Yearbook - whether it is the highly respected annual edition or any of the special editions focusing on such critically important themes as technology, talent development, or the digital world - our forward-looking contributors share with readers the key trends and developments that they believe could have an impact on the performance of the hotel industry in the future. Visit www.hotel-yearbook.com.