HEDNA celebrates its 20th anniversary by reaffirming its mission to serve the hotel electronic distribution industry
19 April 2011
HEDNA, the Hotel Electronic Distribution Network Association, celebrates 20 years of serving the hotel electronic distribution industry this year. As part of the celebrations, HEDNA's Board of Directors is reaffirming its commitment to the industry as well as announcing expanded educational offerings and a new focus on the leisure wholesale segment.
Hotel electronic distribution is an evolving and progressive industry and the needs of HEDNA's members have been constantly changing over the past two decades. Member suggestions have always guided Association's focus. In response to recent member requests, HEDNA's Board of Directors is pleased to announce the following programs and enhancements:
- HEDNA U, the Association's premier educational offering, has received accolades from attendees. HEDNA U covers the history and workings of electronic distribution. Hotels and other travel companies are sending their employees to HEDNA U to gain understanding of the hows and whys of the industry. There will be five more HEDNA U sessions during the remainder of 2011 - Dallas, TX in August; Toronto, Canada in the fall; Singapore in conjunction with the Web In Travel Conference on October 17-19; Las Vegas, NV in conjunction with HEDNA's Winter Meeting in early December; and London, UK (exact date to be announced).
- HEDNA's virtual webinars are extremely popular with members and non-members. Upcoming virtual roundtables include Reputation Management in mid-May and Mobile Technologies in mid-summer. In the current world of instantaneous reviews, hoteliers need to monitor and respond proactively to criticisms and misinformation posted by travelers and reviewers. Experts participating in the Reputation Management virtual roundtable will show companies the best strategies to use in these situations.
- HEDNA is making a number of enhancements on its website to ensure members have the information and services that best serves their needs. Members can expect to see more interactive solutions in the Members Only section. In conjunction with HEDNA Spring Meeting in Prague on June 28-30, 2011, the Association is launching a microsite that will offer all the pertinent information and updates on the meeting in one convenient place.
- HEDNA is also launching a blog as part of its efforts to maintain communication with its members and distribute timely information in a low-key, relaxed medium. Many of HEDNA's members are fans of blogging and have asked the Association to add this communication tool to reach out to the hotel electronic distribution audience.
- HEDNA is announcing that the committee focused on the connectivity solutions for tour operators, wholesalers and hotel companies is changing its name to the Leisure Wholesale Committee. Co-chairs Sean Gray of Fairmont Raffles Hotels International and Duncan Kennedy of Starwood Hotels will be working with committee members to identify and develop connections in this area.
"HEDNA has worked extremely hard over the past 20 years to promote and to offer educational opportunities for the hotel electronic distribution industry," says Melanie Ryan of Orbitz Worldwide and HEDNA president. "Thanks to the contributions of our Board, members and staff, HEDNA is well placed to carry its mission into the future, ever evolving to serve industry needs."
HEDNA (Hotel Electronic Distribution Network Association) is a not-for-profit trade association whose worldwide membership includes executives and managers from the most influential companies in the hospitality industry. Founded in 1991, HEDNA's mission is to be the leading global forum for advancing hospitality distribution through collaboration and knowledge sharing. Its vision calls for HEDNA to be known for creating an environment that fosters strategic collaboration toward business development in the global hospitality industry. To learn more visit hedna.org