HEDNA Announces 2011 Board Of Directors
HEDNA, the Hotel Electronic Distribution Network Association, announced its 2011 Board of Directors at HEDNA's Winter Conference held December 6-8, 2010 at The Omni in Fort Worth, TX.
The Board has five new members - Tom Bruno of Marriott International, Doug Carr of Fairmont Raffles Hotels International, Linda Kent of Wyndham Hotel Group, Dee Thomas of Lanyon, and Rajesh Vohra of Sarova Hotels.
HEDNA's complete Board for 2011 including those re-elected to a two year term include:
Board Members At Large
- Sarah Fowler, Strategic Account Director, Pegasus Solutions
- Melanie Ryan, Senior Director, Global Strategic Accounts, Orbitz Worldwide
- Cynthia Castillo, Head, Projects and AMCD, Hotel Distribution, Travel Services Business Group, Amadeus
- Nancy Little, Manager, GDS & Third Party Distribution, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG)
- Louise Meyer, Vice President, Hotels, VFM Leonardo Inc.
- Duane Overgaard, Principal Account Director Hotel Distribution & Services, Sabre Hospitality Solutions
- Edward Perry, Senior Director of E-Commerce, WORLDHOTELS
- Jennifer Riesselman, Director, Distribution Solutions - Channel Management, Carlson Hotels Worldwide
- Tom Bruno, Director, eDistribution Development & Operations, Marriott International
- Doug Carr, Senior Director, Electronic Distribution, Fairmont Raffles Hotels International
- Linda Kent, Senior Vice President, Electronic Distribution, Wyndham Hotel Group
- Dee Thomas, Vice President, Product Management - Supplier Solutions, Lanyon, Inc.
- Rajesh Vohra, Proprietor/Sales & Marketing Director, Sarova Hotels
- President - Melanie Ryan, Senior Director, Global Strategic Accounts, Orbitz Worldwide
- Vice President - Linda Kent, Wyndham Hotel Group
- Secretary -- Edward Perry, Senior Director of E-Commerce, WORLDHOTELS
- Treasurer -Nancy Little, Manager, GDS & Third Party Distribution, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG)
Retiring from the Board are Keith Cotton, Vice President, Supply Solutions, Hotel Booking Solutions/IBS Software; Oliver Fasching, Director, Distribution & Market Strategy, Jumeirah Group; Erica Penley, Director of Distribution, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants; and Alison Velez, Director, Distribution Technology, Wyndham Hotel Group.
"HEDNA is deeply appreciative of the contributions of our retiring Board members," says Melanie Ryan, HEDNA president. "Their hard work and dedication have guided HEDNA through these last two years. The Association thanks you for volunteering your time and your talents."
Looking ahead, Ryan says that "the 2011 Board will be well positioned to continue to build upon a very strong foundation, including our fulfilling our 2011-2012 goals of which expanding our educational efforts is instrumental."
About HEDNA | The Hotel Electronic Distribution Network Association (HEDNA) is a not-for-profit trade association whose worldwide membership includes executives and managers from over 200 of the most influential companies in the hotel distribution industry. Founded in 1991, all of HEDNA's activities are intended to stimulate the booking of hotel rooms through the use of GDS, the Internet and other electronic means. HEDNA brings all segments of the hotel industry together to evolve systems and services into electronic distribution that is easy and efficient. Additional information on HEDNA is available by calling +1 202-204-8400 or by visiting